A care diary for a child is a type of journal used by caregivers to track important information about the child's health and wellbeing. You will find the Care Diary overview page on the admin or teacher dashboard menu.
Step by Step - Adding a new entry
- Click on ‘Care Diary’ on the teacher or admin dashboard menu.
- You will then see a page where you can see a summary of care diary entries per child under several different categories: Food & Drink, Toileting, Sleep, Medical, and General, for the selected date in the calendar.
- Click ‘Add Entry’ to add a new care diary entry.
- Select either: Food & Drink, Toileting, Sleep, Medical or General
- Enter the relevant details in the dialog that appears. You can add a one or many children to each entry.
- You will be asked whether you want to send this entry to the learning journal. If you agree to send this to the learning journal, then parents will be notified of this entry.
Care Diary Manager Approvals
If you are an organisation manager (admin) user, then you will be able to turn on or off manager approvals for the care diary entries only by ticking or unticking the box at the top of the care diary summary. If the box is ticked, then a manager will need to approve each care diary entry submitted by teacher users.
I’m not a manager
Please head over to this article for more information if you are not a manager.