This article is for Early Years Providers using Arc Pathway, please head to our parents page for information on how to use Arc Pathway as a parent.
To add or edit classes you must be a ‘Organisation Manager (Full Access)’ or ‘Location Manager’ user. For more information on access levels in Arc Pathway go to this article
RECOMMENDED PROCESS: We recommend the following process when preparing your Arc Pathway site for the new academic year: 1. Archive any children who are no longer at your setting (this will mean parents can no longer access the content of their child’s learning journal). 2. Go to the ‘Classes’ tab on the Admin Dashboard. Find the class that you would like to move up, and click ‘edit’. Change the name of the class, e.g. change ‘Nursery’ to ‘Reception’ and click ‘save’. 3. Then create a new class to replace the old one, e.g. ‘Nursery’. 4. Go to the ‘Children’ tab on the Admin Dashboard. Find the children who have a new teacher. Click the ‘edit’ button and scroll down to the Teachers section, here you can untick the old teacher and tick the new teacher. The Class name should already be updated. Then click ‘save’.
If you are an ‘Organisation Manager (full access)’ you need to enter the ‘location dashboard’ of the location you want to add and add the class from there. You can do this by clicking the relevant location name on the ‘locations’ list and then clicking ‘classes’.
How to amend a class
If you need to change the name, location or teacher assigned to a class you should follow the below steps:
- Go to the classes tab on the top menu in the admin or location dashboards
- Click the edit symbol
- Change the details you need to and then click save.
How to add a new class
Step by Step
- To add a class, go to the classes tab on the top menu
- Click ‘add class’.
- Add a name for the class in the ‘class name’ field. If you are adding this from the admin dashboard, you should select a location for the class
- Click ‘create’ to add the class
- Go to the ‘children’ tab on the location/admin dashboard.
- Click the ‘edit’ symbol next to the child you want to edit.
- Edit the relevant information, e.g. untick old teacher and tick new teacher
- Click ‘save’ to update the child’s details on the system.